Light Tow Tune Only L5D (2019-2023)
Our custom Light Tow tune is the safest way for those who tow recreational vehicles and other smaller payloads. What's light? Under 8,000 lbs. Our fine-tuned calibrations expertly optimize for power, torque, smoke, vehicle reliability, and better fuel consumption in your 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023 Chevy Silverado 4500HD, 5500HD, 6500HD or International CV515 truck. Using the Light Tow tune with a payload over 8,000 lbs could have slightly higher EGTs if the situation is strenuous to the truck (pulling a huge trailer up a steep mountain pass in the middle of the desert during summer).
- Safely add power
- Custom tire size and speed limiter calibrations
- Improve towing power on grades
As low as $750.00
Our Light Tow Custom Tune
- Emissions Intact – you do not remove your emissions equipment
- Balance between Daily Driving and Light Towing
- Smooth power curve that’s fun to drive
- Custom “SMART EGT Control” will automatically manage your EGTs
- Wake your truck up and get the power you paid for
- Air:Fuel Ratio limits built into calibration to limit soot production
- Designed to tow less than 8,000 lbs.
- Factory turbo brake retains complete functionality
- Horsepower & Torque Increase
- +80 RWHP, +144 ft-lbs
- Get your truck up and moving more quickly
- More useable power in all driving scenarios
- Have enough power to “Shift Up, Throttle Back”
- Revised pedal sensitivity
- Low speed trailer maneuvering
- Back up with trailer without lurching
- Custom Tuning from DuramaxTuner.com
- Fully customized tuning with more than 100+ calibration changes from stock
- No hacking wires into control units or fuel pump and turbo sensors
- More power and less soot than box programmers
- World Class Customer Service team that actually answers the phone!
Who Benefits from this Tune?
- Tows Seasonally
- Small boat in the summer
- UTV, ATV, Snowmobiles, Motorcycles, Car trailer
- Drives truck every day to work
- Landscapers, home repair, roofing, labor contractors
- Fleet/service vehicles that are loaded down and heavy with equipment
- Wants to tow 8,000 lbs. or less without having to worry about reliability
- Use our Heavy Tow tune if you intend to tow more than 8,000 lbs to GVW
- Better yet, get all five custom tunes with Switch on the Fly
Modified ECM Purchase (Engine Control Module)
- We stock modified ECM hardware and ship directly to you
- Remove your factory ECM and replace with our Modified ECM
- Flash our custom tunes using the RTD Hardware and required HP Tuners Credits
- Ship us your factory ECM; we will refund you $1,000 when confirmed in working order
RTD Hardware by HP Tuners
- Connect > Read > Edit > Write > Drive.
- Equipped with Bluetooth®, Proprietary Expansion Port, and Mobile Device Support
- Makes it faster and easier to read, edit, and write your vehicle’s software.
- VCM Editor and VCM Scanner and programming/USB cables, making up the essentials of VCM Suite - one of the most powerful and inclusive scanning, diagnostic, logging and calibration products on the market.
- Full support for our latest rendition of Track Addict - the fastest scanning, logging and data transmission rates to ensure you capture everything.
- VCM Scanner, the most powerful and comprehensive scan tool on the market.
- View, chart, and log diagnostic data in real-time via the OBDII diagnostic data port.
- View and clear Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) along with other vehicle module information. Command control functions like a closed loop, fans, gear select, timing, air-fuel ratio and so much more all in real-time.
HP Tuners Universal Credits
- 8 credits required for ECM tuning
10-Speed Allison Transmission for 2020+ L5D Duramax
Extra attention has been invested to develop our engine tuning for L5D’s with the 10-Speed Allison. Currently, there is no TCM Tuning available for these transmissions. However, we have spent countless hours going through every aspect of the ECM Tune File to ensure you have the best driving and most effective tuning possible.
Warning: This product can expose you to chemicals that are known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information, visit www.P65warnings.ca.gov